Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Chapter 4: Jesus Christ, the Son of God A: Jesus Christ is literally the son of God the Eternal Father

Jesus Christ is the first born spirit son of God. As such, he is our elder brother. Jesus Christ was hence "in the beginning with God."
And now verily I say unto you, I was in the beginning with the Father, and am the Firstborn.
D&C 93:21

For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a son? And again, when he bringeth the first begotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
Hebrews 1:5-6

Among the spirit children of Elohim, the firstborn was and is Jehovah, or Jesus Christ, to whom all others are juniors.
Joseph F. Smith, Gospel Doctrine, 70
Jesus Christ is the only Son begotten of God in the flesh. God was literally Jesus's father of the body as he is father of our spirits. God needed to be His father so that he would have power over death.
He was born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. And the same word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the Holy Begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
JST John 1:13-14

And I looked and beheld the virgin again, bearing a child in her arms. And the angel said unto me: Behold the Lamb of God, yea, even the Son of the Eternal Father!
1 Nephi 11:20-21

I say unto you, that I know of myself that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name.
Alma 5:48

And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him; That he lives! For we saw him, even on teh right hand of God; and we heard the voice bering record that he is the Only Begotten of the Father--That by him, and through him, and of him, the worlds are and were created, and the inhabitants thereof are begtten sons and daughters unto God.
D&C 76:22-24

That Child to be born of Mary was begotten of Elohim, the Eternal Father, no in violation of natural law but in accoradance with a higher manifestation thereof; and, the offspring from that association of supreme sanctity, celestial Sireship, and pure though mortal maternity, was of right to be called the "Son of the Highest."
James E. Talmage, Jesus the Christ, 81

No comments: